People often use these terms interchangeably,but they are not the same.A heart attack occurs when blood flow to the heart is blocked while a cardiac arrest occurs heart malfunctions and suddenly stops beating unexpectedly.A Heart Attack is a “circulation problem” while a cardiac arrest is an “electrical problem”.If someone is having a heart attack, blood flow to the heart is physically blocked by a narrowed artery.The longer the heart attack goes on, the worse the damage is. In cardiac arrest, however, there is no blockage of blood flow. An electrical malfunction causes the heart to stop beating altogether, which means blood isn’t flowing anywhere in the body.
Heart Attack and Cardiac arrest shows the symptoms in vast different ways.
Heart Attach Causes And Symptoms :
- Ventricular fibrillation
- Ventricular tachycardia
- Coronary heart disease
- Changes of the heart structure
- Pacemaker failure
- Respiratory arrest
- Dramatic drop in blood pressure
- Drug abuse
- Excessive alcohol consumption
- Chest pain.
- Spreading of chest pain to arms, jaw, neck, back and abdomen.
- Shortness of breath.
- Feeling or being sick.
- Light-headedness or dizziness.
- Palpitations .
Cardiac Arrest Causes And Symptoms :
- Those who eat an unhealthy diet.
- Those with high blood pressure.
- Those with diabetes.
- Overweight or obese people.
- People who do not exercise frequently.
- Older people, in particularly older men.
- Those with a family history of heart disease.
- People who have been exposed to air pollution, particularly traffic pollution.
- Sudden loss of consciousness/responsiveness.
- No breathing.
- No pulse.
One treatment for a heart attack can be angioplasty, which opens up the blocked vessels with a medical balloon.Other treatments include clot-busting drugs to reduce chest pain.The only treatment for cardiac arrest is defibrillation from an Automated External Defibrillator (AED). A shock from the AED stops the electrical activity and allows the heart’s sinus node to resume a normal electrical impulse.
The most effective way to prevent having a heart attack is to make Lifestyle Changes.It mostly includes eating a healthy,balanced diet,try to avoid smoking,do healthy exercise and better keep your blood pressure normal.Cardiac arrest can also be prevented if you eat healthy balanced food,maintain healthy weight,manage the stress etc…