Holi, the festival of colours, is fun as we paint the town in tints of the rainbow.But at the same time your hair, skin and eyes have to fight the chemicals in those pretty colours .Experts suggests that the efforts that you take before and after holi will save you from allergies if they are followed properly.
Some of them are listed below :
- Apply oil in and around the ear lobes and place a small ball of cotton into the ears before you go out to play so that your inner ear is well protected.
- Clip your nails and apply a dark nail paint to protect your nails. Colours will come off easily when you remove nail polish.
- Apply almond oil on your face and other parts of body and hair .Almond oil also forms a protective layer on your skin and hair and saves you from the damage of chemical colour.
- Using coconut oil on your entire body before you step out to play Holi will act as a moisturiser and an anti-inflammatory, and prevent sun damage.It will also help nourish your skin.
- One must do deep massage in the days preceding Holi to prepare the hair and scalp for the festival. You can also apply a layer of hair serums after wash to protect it from colours and sun.
- Do shampoo a couple of times to remove all traces of colour. Wash your hair with a very mild shampoo daily to get rid of residual colour and dirt. Follow this with an application of warm oil. This will help restore and rejuvenate your hair, nourishing it back to health.
- Do not use antiseptic liquids to remove colours as they can aggravate the skin further.
- If the colour is too harsh, apply lemon wedges to that area as the stains will lighten.
- Always cover your eyes while playing with colours as they contain toxic substances which may cause irritation, pain, watering in eyes and may even cause blurriness for many days.
- Avoid using contact lens while playing Holi.