To make your bones stronger,include more calcium-rich foods in your diet. Calcium is essential to maintain body’s bone mass, improve muscle and nerve function, and keep your heart healthy.Calcium plays a major role in maintaining the bone mass required to support the skeleton.
Calcium is primarily lost through general bodily processes in the kidneys and colon, and small amounts through sweat. If an individual does not consume the required amount of calcium, the body extracts it from the bones leading to weakening and an increased risk of fracture.
In order to have strong bones, include these calcium-rich foods in your diet:
- Bok Choy: Bok Choy is a type of Chinese cabbage which contains vitamins A and C, and is low in calories.Have two cups of Bok Choy a day, which amounts to just 18 calories.
- Figs: Figs are smooth, sweet and crunchy fruits rich in calcium, fibre, vitamin K and potassium. It is best to have 3-4 of them every morning,soaked in water on an empty stomach.Figs are also good for treating constipation and digestive problems too.
- Yoghurt:Yoghurt scores over milk because it is good for those who are lactose intolerant, easy to digest, and cleansing for the digestive tract .Every 100 grams of yoghurt contain about 85-100 mg of calcium.
- Cheese:Cheese contains essential nutrients such as calcium protein, magnesium and vitamin A.As it is both calcium-dense and calorie-rich, it is good to have on occasion to fulfil your daily calcium needs.
- Spinach:Spinach also has a moderate calcium content and the least bioavailable of food calcium sources.spinach should be a big part of one’s lunch or dinner to increase daily calcium intake.
- Orange:The great taste of the grove with calcium helps build and maintain strong bones and teeth.It also contains an excellent source of vitamin D, to help your body absorb more calcium.
- Soy milk:Soy milk is a plant-based drink produced by soaking and grinding soybeans.For lactose-intolerant individuals,consuming soy milk is good for healthy low-fat option during breakfast.
- Milk:Milk has a high bioavailability of calcium, which means that calcium through milk is easily absorbed and utilised by your body.
- Almonds:Almonds are a fantastic source of many vitamins and minerals, and phosphorus.Phosphorus have a considerable impact on the strength and durability of bones and teeth.
- Sardines:Sardines are high in the major minerals such as phosphorus, calcium, and potassium.Canned sardines are safe and healthy to eat as they contain only 200 calories and 400 mg of sodium.