The most interesting thing about summer is the abundance of mangoes.Mangoes are generally sweet, although the taste and texture of the flesh varies across cultivars.Mangoes are rich in nutrients and phytochemicals.
Some benefits of eating mangoes are :
- It provides Vitamin C to the body.
- It contains minerals, calcium and magnesium as well as B vitamins that makes the bones more stronger.
- It is rich in a carotenoid called lycopene, which is an effective antioxidant.
- Daily consumption of mangoes also makes the skin softer
- It is good for lowering cholesterol.
- It contains Vitamin K which aids in calcium absorption and promotes optimal bone health.
- It contains Vitamin A that works towards building immunity.
Mangoes provide instant energy to body.Thus eating mangoes before walking, swimming or going for a cardio session is a good idea.It is also a good source of sucrose, which is a fast-releasing sugar, and can be consumed post-workout.
In order to lose weight, mangoes can form an important part of the diet. However, it has to be coupled with other fruits and a complete meal, and only after consultation with a nutritionist.